Back to Programs
Promoting economic and social development among women and youth experiencing vulnerability in Punjab
In 2019, BRAC UPGI was contracted by the World Bank for a three month engagement to provide guidance on an economic inclusion component based on the Graduation approach as a part of the Punjab Human Capital Investment Project (PHCIP). PHCIP will target women who are recipients of the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) cash transfer.
To make the approach more holistic, BRAC UPGI’s recommendations primarily focused on livelihoods promotion and coaching as these are the two new elements that will be integrated into the cash transfers.
- Despite delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the project officially launched in 2020.
- Targeted 75,000 participants
- Primarily focused on youth and women who are recipients of the BISP cash transfer
- Services/Program Components
- 2-day workshop with key stakeholders in Pakistan
- Design Recommendations Report
- In-person key informant interviews, over a 3-day period, with government officials at the Government of Punjab, Pakistan, and World Bank staff
- First 3-month contract completed in 2019
- Pilot launched in 2020